Breaking News
- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
Taylor Swift is setting the record straight — she’s not the mystery bear in Happy Gilmore 2.
The 35-year-old superstar joined boyfriend Travis Kelce and his brother Jason Kelce on their New Heights podcast on August 13, where Jason, 37, playfully confronted her about the bizarre fan theory. “Can you confirm or deny?” Jason asked.
Swift laughed and quickly shut it down: “I can deny!”
The Rumor That Made Her Laugh
The speculation had taken off online after the Netflix sequel premiered on July 25, with fans convinced Swift had secretly played the bear that attacks Travis’ waiter character during a dream sequence.
“This is one of those ones where we just send it to each other and laugh,” Swift explained. “Like, ‘Hey, did you hear I was the bear in there?’ And he’s like, ‘Yeah, did you hear we bought a house in Lake Como?’ At this point, of course they think I’m inside of a bear costume.”
Still, Swift admitted she didn’t mind the chatter. “I’m honored to be thought of in that context because I loved that movie so much. I watched it multiple times,” she said. “Whoever did the bear acting was exquisite.”
Swift Is a Fan of the Movie
The singer even helped promote the highly anticipated sequel when it dropped, calling it a must-watch on Instagram Stories. “Happy Gilmore 2 had me cackling and cheering the whole movie. An absolute must-watch,” she raved, rating it “13/10” alongside the poster.
The follow-up to Adam Sandler’s 1996 comedy brings back the beloved actor as the hot-headed golfer and adds a hilarious cameo from Travis Kelce, who finds himself tied to a post and smeared with honey before a bear appears.
Big News Beyond the Rumor
Fans also got another surprise during the New Heights taping. The day before the episode aired, Swift revealed the title of her upcoming 12th studio album, The Life of a Showgirl, in a clip shared on the podcast’s Instagram account.
Between clearing up movie rumors, cheering on her NFL beau, and preparing for a brand-new album era, Swift is proving she can balance superstardom with humor — and a little help from her favorite podcast hosts.
- Get link
- X
- Other Apps


Comments
Post a Comment