Breaking News
- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
Back in 2015, comedian Amy Schumer starred in the romantic comedy Trainwreck, a film that also featured Bill Hader, Brie Larson, LeBron James, and WWE superstar John Cena. Schumer played Amy, a woman skeptical about monogamy who cycles through relationships before finally finding someone special. One of the memorable on-screen partners along the way was Stephen, a muscle-bound gym rat played by Cena.
The movie required the two to film a racy and intimate bedroom scene together, and years later, both Schumer and Cena have shared what it was like behind the scenes.
During an appearance on an Australian chat show, Schumer was asked how she managed to keep a straight face while filming with Cena, especially since his modesty during the scene was covered only with a towel. In her trademark comedic style, Schumer joked, “Because he was actually inside me. Who am I to stop him?”
She didn’t stop there. Praising Cena’s physique, she described him as “not even human,” comparing his body to a whole universe. She even joked about the experience by saying, “It felt like having a refrigerator on top of me.” Schumer added with more humor, “I think it was probably harder for him. He had to actually do something. I just did what I usually do when I have sex—just lay there.”
She went on to laugh about one of her “regrets” from the scene: “You know what? I didn’t get to feel his balls. It’s a major regret of mine.”
Her Trainwreck co-star Bill Hader also joined in on the fun during the interview. He teased, “Wrestlers, they’re not faking. When they’re wrestlers, they don’t fake!” keeping the jokes going about Cena’s intimidating presence on set.
While Schumer turned the story into a comedy bit, Cena himself took a slightly different tone when he discussed the film. Appearing on Conan back in 2015, he admitted that filming the scene was far from glamorous. “It was awkward,” Cena confessed. “And they wanted awkward, so we gave them awkward.”
Cena also revealed that he wasn’t sure he would even land the role in the first place. When he did, he admitted to putting off telling his then-partner, Nikki Bella, about the graphic nature of the role. “Honestly, I didn’t think I’d get the part,” Cena said. “And I kept putting it off, not telling [Nikki] and not having the discussion of, ‘Hey, there may be some graphic scenes.’”
Looking back, Cena acknowledged that Bella had every reason to be upset that he hadn’t been upfront about it from the beginning.
The contrasting takes from Schumer and Cena highlight exactly why the scene has become one of Trainwreck’s most talked-about moments. For Schumer, it’s another chance to deliver bold jokes that push boundaries. For Cena, it was a professional challenge—one that left him admitting it was every bit as uncomfortable as it looked on screen.
- Get link
- X
- Other Apps



Comments
Post a Comment