Breaking News

Top 10 Healthy Juice Recipes for Weight Loss

Donald Trump Told Kamala Harris She Has a 'Beautiful Name' and That Ivanka's a 'Big Fan' During Private Phone Calls, Ex-VP Claims

 


Kamala Harris is offering a rare glimpse into her private interactions with Donald Trump in her upcoming memoir, 107 Days, which chronicles her groundbreaking 2024 presidential campaign.

While Trump publicly mocked and attacked Harris throughout the race, she says his demeanor shifted dramatically in private. According to excerpts obtained by PEOPLE, Harris recalls being surprised when she first heard Trump’s softer side during a phone call in September 2024.

At the time, Trump had blamed Harris’ rhetoric for inspiring an assassination plot against him at his West Palm Beach golf course. But when Harris personally reached out by phone, she says the tone was unexpectedly cordial.

“I’d prepared myself to speak with Mr. Hyde, but Dr. Jekyll answered instead,” Harris writes.

During the call, Trump allegedly praised her efforts, telling her: “You’ve done a great job, you really have. My only problem is it makes it very hard for me to be angry with you. It’s like, what am I going to do? How do I say bad things about you now?”

Harris says she laughed and replied, “Well, then don’t!” 

Trump then promised to “tone it down,” according to her account, and even shifted the conversation to lighter topics. He mentioned that his daughter Ivanka was “a big fan” of Harris, and sent his regards to Harris’ husband, Doug Emhoff, calling him “a really good guy” while praising his Democratic National Convention speech.

Despite those private compliments, Harris makes it clear in her book that her opinion of Trump remained unchanged. She describes him as “a con man — and really good at it.” 

The two spoke again on election night after Trump secured victory. Harris recalls that, in contrast to his campaign trail mispronunciations, Trump addressed her name properly for the first time.

“I am going to be so nice and respectful,” Trump reportedly told her. “You are a tough, smart customer, and I say that with great respect. And you also have a beautiful name. I got use of that name, it’s Kamala.”

Harris’ memoir 107 Days will be released on September 

Comments