Breaking News
- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
Donald Trump Reveals the Emotional Reason He’s Never Touched Alcohol — Unlike Other World Leaders Known for Their Drinking Habits
While Winston Churchill famously started his mornings with whiskey and Richard Nixon was known to drink late into the night, Donald Trump’s glass has always stayed empty. The 79-year-old president — currently serving his second term and still no stranger to controversy — says he’s never touched a drop of alcohol. And now, he’s finally revealed the deeply emotional reason why.
“I Had a Great Brother Who Taught Me a Lesson”
During a recent appearance on podcaster Theo Von’s show, Trump opened up about his lifelong sobriety — something that has puzzled both supporters and critics for years.
Von noted, “I noticed at your events, you don’t drink or smoke, right? You never have?”
Trump nodded and replied, “No, I never have. I had a great brother who taught me a lesson.”
That brother was Fred Trump Jr., who tragically passed away at just 42 in 1981 from a heart attack related to alcoholism. Speaking with uncharacteristic emotion, Trump shared, “He smoked and drank — great guy — he was very handsome, had an incredible personality. But he had a problem with alcohol and smoked a lot. I tell people all the time — no drugs, no drinking, no cigarettes. I tell that to my kids constantly.”
“He Lived So Long in Bad Conditions”
Trump reflected on his admiration for Fred growing up. “He was old enough that I really looked up to him. I admired so much about him — he had the look, the charm, the charisma. He had everything going for him.”
But watching his older brother struggle with addiction left a lasting mark. “I think it started in college, maybe at a fraternity,” Trump recalled. “It’s not a unique story — the family began to see it, and it just didn’t get better. He lived for so long in bad conditions. I was amazed his body could hold out.”
The former businessman-turned-president even admitted that if he had ever started drinking, things could have gone the same way. “If I’d ever tried it,” he said quietly, “I could’ve been just like him.”
Trump has spoken about Fred’s influence before — in a 2018 Fox News interview, he called his brother “a great guy, best-looking guy, best personality — much better than mine.” He added, “He had a very, very tough life because of alcohol. I learned because of Fred.”
“12 Cans a Day” — Trump’s Real Vice
Though he’s never had a sip of alcohol, Trump is far from teetotal when it comes to beverages. His true obsession? Diet Coke.
During his return to the White House, Trump revived one of his most talked-about quirks from his first term — the famous red “Diet Coke button” on the Resolute Desk. Press it, and an aide would deliver a fresh, icy can of his favorite drink.
According to The New York Times, Trump has been known to consume up to twelve cans a day, a habit so legendary that Coca-Cola reportedly sent him a special gift in recognition.
While other world leaders might unwind with a glass of wine after a long day, Trump prefers to hit his red button and enjoy a cold Diet Coke — a daily ritual rooted in both discipline and personal history.
“My brother taught me the biggest lesson of my life,” Trump once said. “Because of him, I never drank. Not once. And I never will.”
- Get link
- X
- Other Apps



Comments
Post a Comment